Monday 16 February 2015

"The Last Time You Was My Mummy"


As my last post on reincarnation seemed so popular I thought id give you guys another offering. This time its not written by me but by Marie Bishop a freelance writer and paranormal researcher. It is a first hand account of some rather interesting things her son said to her about the last time she was his mummy.........

Reincarnation.

Think of the subject of reincarnation and you will already have an opinion in your mind about whether or not it happens. Religion and the opinion of your family may have moulded your opinion on the subject and yet google the subject and you will see many accounts that seem plausible.

 Here is an account of what I believe is reincarnation between myself and my young son.

Bit of background. This conversation happened when my son was nearly 3, he had just started a playgroup in the weeks before this happened. As a child with Asperger’s he finds imaginative play very difficult, so I was happy to see him playing, even if at home the children seemed to be imaginary.


While cleaning his bedroom I could hear him chatting away quite happily in the spare room next door. I went in and he was animatedly talking to these ‘friends’ when I asked him who he was talking to he said in a clear voice “Nathanial and Emily” Racking my brains I tried to think if any of the children’s names at his playschool were called this, Emily was a possibility but Nathanial was a bit old fashioned. “Are Nathanial and Emily your friends from school?” I asked, he shook his head and turned to look at me.


“No, Remember when I used to go to that other school, the tall red building. I used to go in the carriage at the back of the horse.” I remember looking at him puzzled, and then he added
“You know, last time you was my mummy” He said with such a sure look on his face, as if he was shocked that I didn’t know.


My son had never been to any other school, he was three!! And the school he was in was a single level prefab. I tried to ask him more but he just continued chattering away, and wouldn’t tell me anything else.I have no idea how he knew this, or the words to describe it.Even now the words:“You know, last time you was my mummy” still sends a shiver down my spine.


My son is 16 now and doesn’t remember any of this, although he is fascinated. I would say that children may very well be unaware that what they are saying is anything other than ordinary, why would it be wrong to talk about something that you believe is the truth? I’m not sure if this is just a reincarnation situation, he was also talking to the children as if they were there, but it still for me remains one of the strangest things I have ever experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment