Sunday 11 January 2015

Dogman Report


The following is a report posted in the DogmenUK facebook group by Ruth Wolfgram (im assuming Wolfgram isnt her real name). Ruth has been kind enough to allow me to repost it here.
I will be posting a full write up about the dogmen phenomenon in the next couple of days. 

About 30 years ago, when my oldest daughter was about 4 yrs old, I saw something that forced my mind to shove the whole thing to the back of the line for my sanity. My (then) husband and I had a cottage in Michigan's Upper Pensinula outside of Paradise, next to Lake Superior but we lived near Traverse City. Jim and his friend had gone north to stay in the cottage for a few days. One evening he called to say that the truck had broken down and they wanted me to go and get them at first light, about a 3 hour drive. I was on the road by 7 a.m. and my daughter sat behind me on the passenger side, facing forward. (Rules were different then.)

We had traveled about 1-1/2 hours and had another 30 minutes before we hit the Mackinaw Bridge, so we were between Petoskey and Mackinaw City. No houses and not much traffic. My daughter said to me, "there's a doggie Mommy!" I looked and on the side of the road was what looked to me to be very large dog (like an Irish Wolfhound large) or maybe a pony, which made no sense. It was on all fours, had a long tail and a mane of dark hair. I slowed down to see what it was and I didn't want to hit it if it darted across the road. That's when it stood up on two feet (paws), looked right at us and RAN across the road in front of me on two feet, fast, like a person runs. The "mane" was flying as it ran. It ran straight into the thick pine trees.

I don't know what it was and I know that on that day I didn't WANT to know. We didn't have cell phones with cameras back then but I have always wished I could have gotten it's picture. That's what started my interest in Dogmen.

I will be posting a full write up on the phenomenon of Dogmen in the next couple of days. 

1 comment:

  1. Look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see, and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. See the link below for more info.


    #curious
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete